Fixed time appointments with pharmacy colleagues
What is GP2Pharmacy?
GP2Pharmacy is a new initiative to make additional appointments with healthcare professionals available to patients in South Tyneside.
There is increasing pressure on GPs which sometimes means that patients may not get an appointment quickly. Our GP and Pharmacy Colleagues are working together to ensure that patients with symptoms and conditions that can be treat by professionally qualified Pharmacists, are seen quickly. This could often be the same day or next day, depending on when you contact us.
What this means for patients
Fixed time appointments now available with our Pharmacy Colleagues.
Up tp 8000 appointments available through current funding
Choice of 30 local pharmacies near your home or workplace.
Appointments available weekends at some pharmacies.
Quicker access to appointments - often the same day.
GP2Pharmacy appointments suitable for certain symptoms and conditions.
Which GP practices are involved?
Practices offering GP2Pharmacy appointments:
- Flagg Court Health Centre, South Shields, NE33 2LS
Frequently asked questions
1. Why might I be offered an appointment with a pharmacist?
2. Can I still see my GP if I wish?
3. How do I get my appointment?
4. When will I be seen?
5. Can I go to any pharmacy for my appointment?
6. Why can’t I just walk in to the pharmacy without an appointment?
7. Will I be seen in private at the Pharmacy?
8. How does my GP know what treatment I have received?
9. What about prescriptions?
If you have any further questions about GP2Pharmacy, please contact your local practice who should be able to answer your questions.
We will be inviting patient comments and feedback to help us further shape GP2Pharmacy and to ensure that we get things right. Feedback forms will be available from your local practice as part of this pilot to help patients get appointments as soon as possible.